The health and effective operation of the engine in your car depend on the use of motor oil, also referred to as engine oil. Consider it the lubricator and guardian of the engine. It’s like a superhero that ensures all the parts inside your engine work together harmoniously. When you think about your car’s engine, think about motor oil as its superhero sidekick. It’s not just any oil; it’s a special fluid that keeps everything inside your engine running smoothly.
Why Motor Oil Matters:
Just like how you put lotion on your skin to prevent dryness, motor oil coats the moving parts inside the engine. As a result, there is less friction, which makes it possible for parts to glide easily and slows down their rate of wear.
Your car’s engine gets hot when it’s running. Motor oil prevents the engine from overheating and possibly even hurting itself by aiding in heat dissipation.
Engines can get dirty over time due to combustion and other processes. When used as a cleaning solution, motor oil clears the engine of dust, debris, and tiny particles by capturing and removing them.
Motor oil forms a thin film on engine surfaces, sealing tiny gaps and preventing oil leaks. This keeps the engine’s pressure constant and improves performance.
The inside of your engine is made up of metal parts. These components are shielded from rust or corrosion by the protective layer that motor oil forms on top of them.
Remember, using the right type of motor oil and changing it regularly is key to maintaining a healthy engine. Check your car’s manual for the recommended type and intervals for oil changes. Maintaining the engine oil in your automobile is similar to maintaining your own health which keeps everything working smoothly and saves you money on future repairs.
Choosing the Right Motor Oil- A Beginner’s Guide:
- Read Your Car’s Manual: Your car’s manual is like its instruction book. It will tell you exactly what type of motor oil your car needs. Look for terms like “viscosity” and “API classification” – these are the key pieces of information you need.
- Understand Viscosity: Viscosity refers to how thick or thin the oil is. It’s indicated by two numbers, like 5W-30. The “W” stands for winter, and the number before it (5 in this case) indicates how the oil flows when the engine is cold. The number after the “W” (30) shows how the oil flows when the engine is hot. Choose the viscosity recommended in your car’s manual.
- Check the API Classification: The American Petroleum Institute (API) assigns letters to indicate the performance level of motor oils. Look for a label like “API SN” or “API SP” on the oil container. Match this with the API classification mentioned in your car’s manual.
- Consider Your Driving Conditions: If you drive in extreme conditions – like very hot weather or towing heavy loads – you might need a different type of motor oil. Look for oils labeled as “high-performance” or “synthetic” for better protection under challenging conditions.
- Choose a Trusted Brand: Stick to well-known and reputable brands when buying motor oil.
- Ask for Professional Advice: Ask a specialist for advice if you’re unsure which motor oil to use. Your mechanic or a knowledgeable friend can provide guidance based on their experience.
- Avoid Mixing Brands: Stick to one brand and type of motor oil. Mixing different brands or types can affect the oil’s performance and might not provide the desired protection.
- Check for Certifications: Look for motor oils that have been tested and approved by relevant organizations, such as the API or the International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC).
- Keep an Eye on Mileage: If your car has high mileage, consider using high-mileage motor oil. These lubricants include ingredients that help prevent leaks and extend the life of older engines.
- Quality Over Price: While it’s tempting to choose the cheapest motor oil, remember that your car’s engine deserves the best. Invest in quality motor oil to ensure proper lubrication and protection.
Top Motor Oil
Experience optimal engine performance with Start 7908, a high-quality 15W-40 mineral oil designed for cars. With API SG and API CD specifications, this 4-liter capacity oil offers reliable lubrication and protection for your vehicle’s engine components. At €29.19, Start 7908 is an affordable addition to your maintenance schedule that guarantees improved engine longevity and performance.
Unveil the potential of your engine with Petronas Syntium 7000 DME 70716E18EU, a cutting-edge 0W-20 synthetic oil designed to elevate your driving experience. The vital components of your engine receive great lubrication and protection from this oil, which is packaged in a 1-liter container. With an SAE viscosity class of 0W-20 and builder authorizations including MB 229.72 and MB 229.71, it ensures unparalleled performance and longevity. Meeting specifications like API SP, ACEA C6, and ILSAC GF-6A, this oil showcases its excellence in engine care. As a part of the acclaimed Syntium product line and 7000 DMEs series, it guarantees top-notch quality and reliability. Priced at €23.05
Experience the exceptional performance of Liqui Moly 1189, a high-quality partially synthetic oil available in a 5-liter container. With an article number of 1189, this oil is a testament to top-tier engine care. Recommended by manufacturers TISI and 2-Takt, it meets specifications such as API TC, ISO-L-EGC, and JASO FC, ensuring optimal engine functioning. This oil is priced at €59.56
Experience top-tier engine performance with Shell Helix HX5 550046285. The essential components of your engine receive excellent lubrication and protection from this 15W-40 mineral oil. With impressive specifications like ACEA A3/B3, API SL, ACEA A3/B4, and API CF, it ensures your engine’s longevity and efficiency. This oil is a fantastic deal for its great quality at €36.50
|2. Petronas Syntium 7000 DM 70662E18EU
Introduce your engine to the advanced performance of Petronas Syntium 7000 DM 70662E18EU, a state-of-the-art 0W-30 synthetic oil that is meticulously crafted to enhance your driving experience. Boasting an SAE viscosity class of 0W-30 and builder authorizations including Renault RN0700, MB 229.51, and MB 229.52, it guarantees unparalleled performance and longevity. Meeting the ACEA C3 specification, this oil exemplifies excellence in engine care. As a part of the prestigious Syntium product line and DM 7000 series, it ensures premium quality and reliability. Price at €19.91
|2. Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Super 9503
Discover the excellence of Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Super 9503, a high-performance 10W-40 semi-synthetic oil available in a 1-liter container. With an article number of 9503, this oil showcases top-tier engine care. Recommended by manufacturers such as Fiat, Renault, and PSA, and holding builder authorizations including MB 229.1, VW 501 01, VW 505 00, and MB 229.3, it ensures exceptional engine functioning. Meeting specifications like API SN, ACEA A3/B3, and ACEA A3/B4, it reflects its commitment to quality. As part of the Leichtlauf product line and Super series, this oil guarantees reliability and performance. Priced at €16.18
Unleash the potential of your engine with Mobil Super 1000 X1 150866. This 15W-40 mineral oil, presented in a 1-liter bottle, delivers exceptional lubrication and protection for your engine’s core components. With SAE viscosity class 15W-40 and builder authorization MB 229.1, this oil ensures optimal performance and longevity. It proudly meets specifications like ACEA A3/B3, API SL, API SJ, API SM, API SN, and API SN PLUS, reflecting its excellence in engine care. As part of the renowned Super product line and 1000X1 series, it guarantees quality and reliability. Priced at €17.46
|3. Petronas Syntium 5000 AV 70723E18EU
Introducing the advanced Petronas Syntium 5000 AV 70723E18EU, a cutting-edge 5W-30 synthetic oil meticulously designed to elevate your driving experience. The vital parts of your engine are exceptionally well-lubricated and safeguarded by this 1-liter container. With an SAE viscosity class of 5W-30 and builder authorizations including MB 229.51, VW 504 00, VW 507 00, Porsche C30, and BMW Longlife-04, it guarantees unparalleled performance and longevity. Meeting the ACEA C3 specification, this oil showcases excellence in engine care. As part of the esteemed Syntium product line and 5000 AV series, it ensures top-tier quality and reliability. Priced at €19.17
|3. Motul 2T 104028
Experience the performance of Motul 2T 104028, a 1-liter partially synthetic oil that offers optimal engine care. This oil, with an article number of 104028, is proof of excellent upkeep. Meeting specifications such as API TC, JASO MA, and ISO-L-EGD, it ensures efficient engine functioning. As part of the 2T series, this oil guarantees reliability and top-tier performance. Priced at €19.67
How to Change Motor Oil: Engine Oil Change
- Prepare Your Car: Start by parking your car on a level surface and engaging the parking brake. To protect yourself during the process, put on your gloves and safety eyewear.
- Lift the Car: Depending on the tools you have, either uses a jack and jack stands or ramps to lift the front of the car. You will then have access to the cars underneath.
- Locate the Drain Plug: Find the oil pan located underneath the engine. The drain plug is a bolt at the bottom of the oil pan.
- Position the Drain Pan: Place the drain pan beneath the drain plug. This pan will catch the old oil as it drains out.
- Drain the Old Oil: Using a socket wrench, carefully loosen and remove the drain plug. Let the used oil completely flow into the drain pan. Once the oil has drained, clean the drain plug and its gasket.
- Remove the Old Oil Filter: Locate the oil filter, which is typically a cylindrical part near the drain plug. To remove the old oil filter, use an oil filter wrench to pry it apart. Be prepared for some oil to spill as you remove the filter.
- Install the New Oil Filter: Apply a little layer of fresh oil to the rubber gasket on the oil filter before inserting it. By hand, tighten the replacement oil filter. Then, give it an additional half turn to securely fasten it in place.
- Replace the Drain Plug: With the old oil drained and the new filter in place, put the cleaned drain plug back in its original position. Use a socket wrench to tighten the drain plug securely.
- Add New Oil: Locate the oil filler cap on top of the engine. Using a funnel, carefully pour in the new motor oil, following your car’s recommended oil capacity as specified in the owner’s manual.
- Check the Oil Level: After adding the new oil, wait for about a minute to allow it to settle in the engine. Utilizing the dipstick, check the oil level next. To get to the recommended level, add extra oil if necessary.
- Dispose of the Old Oil: Once you’ve completed the oil change, properly dispose the old oil and filter. Seal the old oil in the container of the new oil and take it to a recycling center or an auto parts store that accepts used oil for responsible disposal.
- Lower the Car: Finally, if you use jack stands or ramps, carefully lower the car back down to the ground.
To meet a variety of engine needs, Autodoc IT offers a wide selection of motor oils. Their oil selections, which range from mineral to synthetic and partially synthetic, guarantee optimum engine longevity and performance. By adhering to manufacturer recommendations, considering specifications, and leveraging Autodoc IT’s user-friendly interface and product details, you can confidently choose the right motor oil for your vehicle. Regular use of high-quality motor oils from Autodoc IT not only extends your engine’s lifespan but also enhances fuel efficiency and the overall driving experience. For more information, visit Trendingcult.